What a privilege It is to have our literal sons and daughters as our spiritual sons and daughters as well.
During the teen years, this role really begins to deepen! There is so much that we want to impart to our children, and each day becomes a nesting place for the Kingdom of God to be imparted into their lives.
Lately, I have been thinking about the verse in 1 Corinthians 13 that explains,
"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me."
This verse really defines the teenage years very well. It is a transition point between childhood and adulthood; a time to begin to see God's truth above our own reasonings.
Truth is such a powerful thing! Scripture tells us that it literally sets us free. (John 8:32) I love declarations of truth because they actually help us re-pattern our brains to think like Christ.
Just as a gymnast has tremendous muscle memory from the hours and hours that they have practiced, so declarations of truth help us with "mind memory" equipping us with thoughts of truth that help us process our experiences through His Word.
As a momma, I am trying to help focus my sons and daughters back to the truths that the Lord has spoken over them. What would happen if we began each morning reading our declarations of truth out loud together as a family?
God is faithful and the results of believing Him are beyond our imagination.
Our list of family declarations is listed below as a springboard for your own family. Ask the Holy Spirit what He wants you to begin to declare!
1. God really loves me, and I am who He says I am.
2. I am becoming more like Christ every day.
3. I am full of life and I easily release it.
4. My prayers are powerful & effective.
5. When I believe & declare truth things change.
6. I easily hear my Daddy’s voice and obey His promptings always.
7. I love to dream with God!
8. I am never threatened by the strengths of others.
9. Everything I touch prospers and the fruit of my lips is blessed.
10. Wisdom is mine. Every decision is made plain before me.
11. My Daddy trusts me with His secrets.
12. No weapon formed against me shall prosper; all who rise against me shall fall.